Omega 3-6-9 Plus provides a carefully blended combination of these healthy fats (high in EPA and DHA), balanced to optimal levels of each to ensure adequate intake of the essential polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids. Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids are essential and must be sourced from the diet. Omega 9 fatty acid is not considered essential (as it can be manufactured by the body), but its inclusion in the diet has been associated with a range of health benefits. EPA and DHA contribute to normal heart function, while DHA contributes to normal brain function and the maintenance of normal vision. This supplement is derived from sunflower seed oil, flaxseed oil and fish oil (the best source), plus added vitamin E. A high-strength formula (1000mg) and in an easy-to-swallow gel capsule form.
- FISH OIL – It is now generally accepted that oily fish (the best source of Omega 3) is good for – amongst other things – the heart, arthritis, skin disorders and some cases of chronic headache
- FLAXSEED OIL – Flaxseed is one of the best sources of Omega 3 fatty acids. In addition, the oil is a rich source of lignans – a type of fibre that is changed by friendly bacteria in the gut into compounds that can help to fight against disease.
- DHA – is abundant in oily fish and is found in high concentration in the grey matter of the brain and the retina of the eye. It is also instrumental in the function of brain cell membranes, which are important for the transmission of brain signals
- SUNFLOWER SEED OIL – is high in vitamin E and low in saturated fat. Grown naturally, it contains the Omega 6 fatty acid linoleic acid, a polyunsaturated fat which makes up 65% of the oil in natural sunflower oil, and oleic acid, a monounsaturated fat making up 21%
- VITAMIN E – D Alpha Tocopherol is a fat soluble vitamin and potent antioxidant. Not only does it have a powerful effect on the brain, it can help to protect against the harmful effects of free radicals, encourage recovery