Wheat Grass is the young grass of the wheat plant, a member of the Poaceae grain family. The nutrient-rich supergreen was discovered over 5000 years ago when ancient Egyptians identified the leaf blades had a positive effect on health and vitality.
Experiments in the 1930s by US Agricultural Chemist Charles F Schnabel 1930s found that ‘1 pound of wheatgrass is equal in overall nutritional value to 23 pounds of ordinary garden vegetables.’ Holistic health practitioner Ann Wigmore (who popularised the raw food diet in the 1970s) believed that wheatgrass cleansed the body of toxins while providing a proper balance of nutrients as a wholefood.
Wheat Grass Nutritional Information 100+ elements for optimum health and wellbeing. Grass absorbs 92 of 102 known minerals from the soil. Complete protein source with 17 amino acids. More vitamin C than oranges. Twice the vitamin A of carrots. Excellent source of dietary fibre, iron and B vitamins. Rich in antioxidants and enzymes, including the antioxidant enzyme, superoxide dismutase (SOD). 70% Chlorophyll – one of the best sources of the naturally occurring plant pigment regarded as a powerful element for detoxification. Contains: Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid, Potassium, Iron, Zinc, Copper, Manganese and Selenium.
- Wheatgrass Powder – Triticum aestivum. Produce of China.
- Extracted from young wheatgrass shoots using a patented spray-drying process.
- Supplied in a heat-sealed foil pouch for freshness and security.
- Made from PET/AL/LLDPE to provide high barrier protection against light, moisture and oxygen for extended life.
- Re-sealable for safe storage.