Spirulina is an algae, which grows naturally in various warm areas of the world. Centuries ago it was cultivated as a staple food by the Aztecs. Today it is consumed world-wide as a dietary supplement. It is used widely as part of detoxification programmes. Spirulina is particularly rich in Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Vitamin B12, D and E, Calcium, Chromium, Iodine, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorous and Potassium. Sevenhills Wholefoods Spirulina is grown in fresh water under strict conditions of purity. It grows in cultivation ponds until dense enough, when it is harvested. It is immediately dried, by a spray technique that preserves its nutrients.The Spirulina is pressed into tablets. The product is packaged in the UK.
Why buy from Sevenhills Wholefoods? Sevenhills Wholefoods only sells superfoods of the highest quality. We source directly from producers, so we’re always in touch with where our products are grown and processed. Our direct supply line and online-only availability, mean that our customers benefit from the best possible prices. We like to think of ourself as a virtual farmer’s market for superfoods, a no-frills way of buying great foods at the best prices.
Ingredients: Organic Spirulina tablets, certified by the Soil Association (GB-ORG-005) and registered by the Vegan society.
- Organically-grown by photosynthesis in fresh water on an island in the South China Sea
- Spirulina contains more essential nutrients than almost any other food on the planet
- Spirulina protein is a complete protein, as it contains all nine of the essential amino acids
- 100% pure, UK Soil Association certified Organic, Vegan Society registered, Free from allergens, gluten & dairy
- Note: packaging may vary due to launch of new design, but contents remain the same.