Acai berry is a fruit, which grows naturally in the Amazon basin, South America. It has been a part of local diets for centuries, but has recently gained a global reputation as a superfood. It is renowned for its exceptionally high ORAC score for antioxidant content, plus its provision of Omega 6 and Omega 9 fatty acids. Acai is notably rich in Vitamin E, Iron, Magnesium and Potassium. Sevenhills Wholefoods Acai berry is grown in Brazil. The berries are picked by hand from the topmost branches of the tree. It is processed almost immediately, and pressed into a pulp. This is quickly freeze-dried, and the dried product milled to a fine powder. The Acai berry is packaged in the UK.
Why buy from Sevenhills Wholefoods? Sevenhills Wholefoods only sells superfoods of the highest quality. We source directly from producers, so we’re always in touch with where our products are grown and processed. Our direct supply line and online-only availability, mean that our customers benefit from the best possible prices. We like to think of ourself as a virtual farmer’s market for superfoods, a no-frills way of buying great foods at the best prices.
Ingredients: Organic Acai berry powder, certified by the Soil Association (GB-ORG-005) and registered by the Vegan society.
We use a superior variety of acai berry, Euterpe Precatoria, which has a much higher antioxidant content than the standard Euterpe Oleracea variety. It has an ORAC value of over 200,000 ?mole per 100g, which is more than double that of Oleracea (ORAC being a measure of antioxidant activity). The physical texture of the product is different, with it being dryer and gritty in nature. Euterpe Precatoria has a lower fat content than the standard variety, at 22g per 100g it is around half the fat of the standard variety.
- The superior variety, Euterpe Precatoria, with a much higher antioxidant content and lower fat content
- Highly concentrated, takes over 20kg of fruit to make 1kg of powder
- One of the richest sources of antioxidants, plus Omega 6 and Omega 9 fatty acids
- 100% pure, UK Soil Association certified Organic, Vegan Society registered, Free from allergens, gluten & dairy
- Note: packaging may vary due to launch of new design, but contents remain the same.