About Holy Basil Tulsi (Holy Basil) is a herb, native to India from the basil genus in the family Lamiaceae. Known as ‘The Queen of Herbs,’ the sacred plant, has been used for over 5000 years. In Ayurveda, it is said to be the ‘elixir of life.’ Tulasi literally means ‘the incomparable one.’ It has a unique, highly complex chemistry, with hundreds of phytochemicals working in synergy to promote optimum health.
Source of Vitamin C and Carotene
Contains iron, zinc, alkaloids, glycosides, saponins and tannins.
Traditionally used for its energy-boosting, immune-enhancing, and stress-relieving properties.
How to use Add 1 teaspoon to water, fruit juices, or smoothies. Known as ‘hot basil’ in cooking, Tulsi can also be added to stir-frys and spicy soups imparting a peppery flavour.
Cautions Not recommended if you are pregnant or trying to be.
- Tulsi Powder. Holy Basil – Ocimum sanctum. Produce of India.
- 100% Pure Botanicals – Soil Association Certified Organic.
- Supplied in a heat-sealed foil pouch for freshness and security.
- Made from PET/AL/LLDPE to provide high barrier protection against light, moisture and oxygen for extended life.
- Re-sealable for safe storage.