About Schisandra Schisandra is a climbing vine native to the forests of Northern China which produces. Its scarlet red berries are known as Wu Wei Zi or ‘5 flavoured berry’ because they contains all of the five tastes: sweet, salty, bitter, astringent and sour.
Schisandra berries have been used in Asia for thousands of years. They were first mentioned in writings from 100 AD, documented to ‘prolong the years of life without aging.’ Russian scientists studying Nanai hunters in the Far East in the 1960s found that Schisandra increased physical and mental performance. In modern-day China, Korea and Russia, Schisandra is used to make wines, cordials and teas.
- Schisandra is known as the ‘Youth Berry’ because of its historical use in longevity formulas.
- Contains 30 different types of polyphenols lignans which provide antioxidant benefits.
- Believed to boost immunity, balance body function, and optimise energy.
- Several clinical studies have shown that Schisandra improves concentration, coordination and endurance.
How to use Mix 1 teaspoon in hot water, fruit juice or smoothies.
Cautions Do not take during pregnancy or breast-feeding. Do not take if you have epilepsy. Do not take if you have a liver disorder. Do not take with warfarin.
- Dried Schisandra Powder. Schisandra chinensis. Produce of China.
- 100% Pure Berry – no fillers, no bulking agents, no artificial ingredients, or preservatives.
- Supplied in a heat-sealed foil pouch for freshness and security.
- Made from PET/AL/LLDPE to provide high barrier protection against light, moisture and oxygen for extended life.
- Re-sealable for safe storage.