The enzyme is utilised by the silkworm to dissolve its protective cocoon without having a detrimental effect on the living cells of the emerging silkmoth. The bacterium responsible for this enzyme is Serratia E15 and the enzyme is also known as Serratia peptidase. The enzyme was discovered in the early 1970’s and is now produced commercially through a fermentation process ensuring that the silkworm population is not affected.
The Benefits of Serrapeptase include:
Over the past 30 years the benefits of this remarkable enzyme have been studied in no less than 23 scientific studies and these combined with practitioners observations has given us a comprehensive list of areas it may help.
• Pain � Osteo-arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, backache, headaches and migraines have all shown improvement with serrapeptase.
• Inflammation � Inflammatory conditions such as Crohn’s disease, colitis and cystitis have been helped. It has also been successfully used with other conditions where inflammation is a major factor such as fibromyalgia, inflammatory lung conditions, sporting injuries, post-operative swelling and traumatic swelling.
• Circulation � this enzyme is able to digest dead tissue and therefore the effects it has on arterial plaques, blood clots and scar tissue have circulatory benefits. Cardiovascular disease, varicose veins and non-healing leg ulcers have all shown improvement.
• Eyes, Ears and Nose � A number of conditions affecting these areas have been helped including eye problems due to inflammation and blocked veins, sinusitis, chronic ear infections and runny noses.
- High potency 80,000iu
- Natures Aid Entero-Coated for optimum performance.
- Known as “The Miracle Enzyme”
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.