What is MSM? Methyl Sulphonyl Methane is a biologically active form of sulphur, a by-product of algae. Over a hundred millions years ago, algae in the oceans began to produce sulphur compounds, leading to the creation of MSM. This substance was the most important source of sulphur for all developing life forms.
MSM evaporates from the sea into the clouds to form rain. It then becomes a source of nutrients for plants, trees and other living organisms. It is a naturally occurring mineral in unprocessed fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds.
Sulphur is one of the basic elements of life and the third most abundant mineral in the body. Half all sulphur is contained in the skin, muscles and bones.
- Encourages the formation of collagen, the basis of joints, skin, hair and nails.
- The Beauty Mineral – promotes skin elasticity, healing and repair.
- Commonly used as natural anti-inflammatory to support muscles and joints.
- Nutrient absorption – sulphur improves the permeability of cell membranes which increases uptake of vitamins and minerals.
- Detoxification – this cell permeability also means toxins and waste can be expelled more easily.
- Antioxidants – improves the body’s ability to produce its own antioxidants.
For further information read ‘The Miracle of MSM’ by pioneers Dr Stanley W Jacobs and Dr Ronald M Lawrence. The book includes 20 years of clinical research on 18,000 patients into the benefits of MSM.
MSM Powder MSM is a white, odourless crystalline material which resembles sugar. It is highly soluble and mixes easily into water or juice. There is no RDI for MSM; suggested initial intake is 1 tablespoon a day, which can be increased to 2tbsp. MSM works together with vitamin C, so increasing your intake of vitamin C-rich foods is recommended. The powder can also be used topically in balms and lotions to help skin conditions.
- Plant-Based Sulphur. Methyl Sulphonyl Methane, produce of China.
- Natural MSM – no chemicals, no artificial ingredients, or preservatives.
- Supplied in a heat-sealed foil pouch for freshness and security.
- Made from PET/AL/LLDPE to provide high barrier protection against light, moisture and oxygen for extended life.
- Re-sealable for safe storage.