Spirulina is a single-celled, blue-green algae produced by photosynthesis – the natural process by which plants absorb energy from sunlight. Historically it has been grown in several areas around the world, including Aztec cultivation in high-altitude lakes. It contains a wide range of nutrients and has been described as Nature’s multivitamin. Spirulina powder receives minimal processing – the algae grow, multiplying naturally and rapidly in pools of pure water. They are harvested at the required density. Spirulina is high in Calcium, which helps maintain a healthy digestive system. It is also high in Iodine and Zinc, which contribute to healthy hair, skin & nails.
- Rich in chromium, iron & manganese
- Contributes to immune system function, blood sugar support, bone & muscle health
- Described as nature’s multivitamin
- Our spirulina powder receives minimal processing
- Certified organic by the soil associate and vegan by the vegan society