A lovely present to give or receive. GLITTERATI CANES: A very glamorous 1930s-inspired design, suitable for the most formal events yet robust enough for everyday use. The term ‘glitterati’ was coined in the 1930s to refer to the most beautiful and fashionable members of society. CLASSIC CANES: In the late 1970s, Ben and Diana Porter bought Warren House, a romantic but ruined property set deep in a neglected Somerset woodland. They gradually rebuilt the house and discovered that the woodland, which was predominantly populated by ash trees, was suitable for growing raw material for rustic walking sticks. Ben applied the traditional forestry technique of coppicing the trees, thus starting the production of walking sticks. In 1982, a small range of sticks was offered to local shopkeepers, who soon demanded a wider selection….
- A stylish and collectable funky fashion cane from the Glitterati range by Classic Canes, England.
- The top section of the shaft features a sealed fabric, patterned with gold tendrils. The lower section of the shaft is plain, glossy black.
- Smart, robust, high quality construction.
- Fitted with a smart brass collar and a discreet non-slip black rubber ferrule, this cane is easily height-adjustable to a range of heights between 65cm – 89cm (approx 25″ – 35″), ensuring it will suit a wide range of users.
- The cane features an elegantly shaped wooden derby handle, painted a glossy black.